Every year, talented graduates are faced with the decision of where to start their careers. The Wavemaker Fellowship, https://wavemaker.commerceri.com/, provides a financial incentive for graduates pursuing a career or starting a business in Rhode Island in technology, engineering, design and other key sectors, by defraying student loan payments for up to four years.
The program offers qualifying individuals a refundable Tax Credit Certificate worth the value of their annual student loan burden for up to four years. In addition to the financial benefit, Fellows are invited to participate in various personal and professional development programs, social and professional networking opportunities, community-based events and more.
- Life, Natural or Environmental Sciences
- Computer, Information or Software Technology
- Advanced Mathematics of Finance
- Industrial Design or Other Commercially Relevant Design Field
- Medical or Medical Device Technology
- Currently work full time, or have an offer of full-time work, at an RI-based employer performing work directly related to at least one of the eligible fields
- Graduated from an accredited postsecondary institute of higher education with associate’s, bachelor’s, graduate, or postgraduate degree
- Have student loan debt currently in repayment, or entering repayment shortly after application to the program
- Fellows with an Associate’s degree are eligible for up to $1,000/year
- Fellows with a Bachelor’s degree are eligible for up to $4,000/ear
- Fellows with a Master’s degree or higher are eligible for up to $6,000/year
- Tax credits are calculated based on the Fellow’s annual minimum student loan burden
- Fellowship provides carious personal and professional development programs, networking opportunities, community-based events and more
Begin your application today!