On 22 August, the SBIR Road Tour came to Providence, RI. This event provides insight into non-dilutive technology funding opportunity provided through the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs.
Individual program managers from participating government agencies representing $2.5 billion in early stage funding participated in the one day event alongside technology entrepreneurs and state innovation ecosystem members.
Government agencies participating included:
- Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Department of Defense – Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- Department of Defense – Missile Defense Agency (MDA)
- Department of Defense – Navy
- Department of Defense – Special Operations Command (SOCOM)
- Department of Health and Human Services – National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- Federal Laboratory Consortium (FLC)
The presentations that were discussed can be found at: