SENEDIA’s Real Jobs RI Defense Industry Partnership has accomplished several efforts and initiatives. To date some include:
- Placing 142 interns in member companies and partner organizations with now over 80% employed
- Providing cybersecurity trainings to 100 candidates seeking industry-recognized certifications
- Helping 58 job seekers directly into employment
- Hosting and facilitating 6 Industry-Academia Roundtables on Cybersecurity and Engineering
- Supporting the P-TECH Newport Cybersecurity program with 118 P-TECH Students enrolled
- Delivering industry awareness and outreach to students in 38 of 39 RI school districts for grades 5–16+ students, with presentations to +10,800 students
- Launching Innovation Generation-JASON Learning curriculum modules featuring videos and profiles of Rhode Island professionals from NUWC, Raytheon, State of RI, Rite-Solutions and RI National Guard that were incorporated into middle school classrooms across RI for more than 1,900 students.
First Rogers High School PTECH Student Receives Associates Degree
NEWPORT — Colin McCabe is the first Rogers High School PTECH student to receive an associate’s degree in cybersecurity through the Community College of Rhode Island while earning his high school degree.
He graduates from CCRI in a virtual commencement on May 29, while the virtual Rogers graduation will be broadcast on June 4.
PTECH (Pathways in Technology Early College High School) is based in the Newport Area Career & Technical Center on the Rogers campus and was designed so that students have four-to-six years to earn both a high school degree and an associate’s degree.
Besides his instructors in the program, he also thanked the representatives of the Southeastern New England Defense Industry Alliance, a partner in the PTECH program. SENEDIA provided the internship at McLaughlin. Read More