SENEDIA is the lead for the Real Jobs Rhode Island Defense Industry Partnership grant to implement workforce development plans in Rhode Island in partnership with industry, academic and non-profit partners. With the support of Real Jobs Rhode Island, SENEDIA offers an exciting, hands-on, paid internship experiences with some of Rhode Island’s most innovative defense companies.
View our video to learn more.
Funded by the Real Jobs Defense Industry Partnership grant, this workforce development initiative supports skills building and talent development in in IT and cybersecurity, engineering, supply chain management, undersea technology, business support functions, and more.
A few key internship program highlights:
- The SENEDIA internship program serves undergraduate and graduate students and military veterans and includes a $1,500 stipend through SENEDIA, thanks to funding from Real Jobs RI.
- SENEDIA recruits candidates from all Rhode Island schools with relevant programs, Rhode Island residents studying at out-of-state colleges and universities, and military veterans. Participants get on-the-job experience in some of the nation’s most high-wage, high-growth, high-demand companies.
- Internships are on a rolling basis with interns recruited year-round.
- Interns are also afforded the opportunity to take online trainings, paid for by SENEDIA with Real Jobs RI grant funds. Online courses include CompTIA Security+ training with one voucher to take Security+ exam leading to certification; Supply Chain Fundamentals; and Project Management Fundamentals.
Intern Requirements & Eligibility:
- U.S. citizen available for a minimum of 8 hours per week for 10 weeks (flexible).
- Second year Community College of Rhode Island student, fourth year/graduate school Rhode Island university and college students, Rhode Island residents who are in their fourth year or in graduate school at an out-of-state college/university, or a military veteran.
If you are interested in an internship with a cutting-edge company in Rhode Island, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
If your company can host an intern during the COVID-19 response, please let us know. SENEDIA has many great candidates across IT and cybersecurity, engineering, and supply chain management. Please contact us at email@example.com.
If interested in an internship, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
If your company is able to host an intern during the COVID19 response, please let us know…SENEDIA has many great candidates, cyber/IT, engineering, and supply chain management. Please contact us at email@example.com .